Let’s face it, breakfast can get boring.
Snooze past your alarm and you’ll be late for work, shoving down the same old dreary cereal or desert-dry toast.
Breakfast is super important so I like to keep it interesting. Whether it’s hard boiled eggs with soldiers or porridge (oatmeal) with strawberries, I keep my body guessing and love the challenge of coming up with new recipes!
One thing I do toy with time and time again are smoothies – I’m constantly tweaking my recipes in search of THE next best. At the moment, I’ve been jonesing for the perfect Acai smoothie. Here are some key ingredients almost every perfect smoothie needs if you decide to start building your own:
- Acai – Full of antioxidants, fiber, and heart-healthy fats, which means it’s great for boosting energy, aiding digestion, and does wonders for the skin.
- Maca – Great for upping energy and hormonal balance (and increasing libido).
- Chia Seeds – Packed with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids yet low in calories.
- Pepitas – High in magnesium and zinc, which are all excellent for heart and liver health. Bonus: They’re also supposed to help you sleep better.
- Protein – Effective in increasing strength and muscle while helping you lose significant amounts of body fat.
Give this perfect acai smoothie a whirl and let me know what you think!
1 Scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein
3 tsp of Acai Powder
1 tsp of Maca Powder
1 tbsp Shredded Coconut
1 tbsp Pepitas
1 tsp Chia Seeds
Place all the ingredients into a blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth! Pour into a glass, top with shredded coconut, and Enjoy!
If you are not a huge fan of the Acai flavour, feel free to add in frozen berries!
Happy smoothie making friends! 🙂