It’s only slightly ironic that I’m sitting here sipping a beautiful glass of Pinot Noir whilst writing a post on healthy Raw Protein Balls as I’ve just finished my veggie bowl for dinner. I mean what am I doing ruining an awesome healthy day with alcohol??? The thing is: We should all live a little.
We’re allowed to do things we love like eating unhealthy foods that look too good to resist! Just remember, the old wise saying is best – ‘Everything in Moderation’ which is what I follow 🙂
I work, I play, I drink amazing red (and white) wine, I sweat, and most importantly, I indulge (in moderation) since this is life and we should do whatever maximises our smiles even when it isn’t entirely healthy!
Anyway I’m rambling…this isn’t my first glass 😛 Aside from these spurts of indulgences, I really do love a healthy snack and for me, that’s protein balls. Not all the time, but as a little treat when I’m craving a bit of chocolate or need a protein-packed snack after working out. They’re pretty perfect for both functions so I thought I’d share with you all!
Here’s to your workout munchies or just when you’re in desperate need of a little saccharine pick me up!
- 3/4 cup of Almonds or Almond Meal
- 1tbsp Chocolate Protein
- 1/2 cup of Dates
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Shreds
- 1tsp Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1tbsp Oats
- 1/2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Desiccated Coconut – to cover
- Add all ingredients together and blend in a food processor or Nutri-bullet.
- Roll the mixture into small round balls. If the mixture is a bit dry add a dash of water
- Cover with Desiccated Coconut
- Place in an air tight container and keep in the fridge
Article by Mon – M.B Harper