Don’t underestimate the power of this hyper-feminine, sensual fabrication.
Despite the cold, our favorite fashion week fixtures prove that lace works not just in the glaring sun or in the bedroom, but all the time whether it’s outright sheer, swaddled in layers upon layers, or nested under plump fur. Unlike the romanticism in its past, we’ve been seeing the Victorian redux all over the streets in ways more unforeseen and stronger than before. Here’s proof for you – Saint Laurent, Burberry, Rodarte, and yet again Chloe (who seems to keep popping up in our roundabouts):
The trick with rocking trendy items like a cool girl is to embrace them early on in the process before they become widely accessible to the masses.
We have plenty of references handy if you’re thinking about how you can wear lace like a cool cat too, here’s how:
- Keep it long and sheer to bare just enough legs and add menswear pieces like a belted blazer and bad ass boots to tone down the sexiness.
- Borrowing from the boys again, let androgyny speak loudly and lend a hint of femininity through see-through lace sleeves.
- To bundle up for the frigid cold, throw your favorite lace dress over denim (or a turtleneck) and let it work its wondrous texture.
- Cloak yourself in fur to ensure all-night warmth beneath the slinky fabric.
- Lace is captivating indeed, but you can throw off the delicacy with mod accessories like patent leather boots and vintage sunglasses.
- Wear it like a tomboy in black and with a topcoat to dislodge the full-blown sensuality of a lingerie under lingerie attire.
- And lastly, remember, cool girl is all in the attitude.
1. MSGM Lace Jumpsuit
2. Christopher Kane Lace Print Sneakers
3. Saint Laurent Lace Scarf
4. Raey Lace Sleeve Sweater
5. DKNY Lace Midi
6. Dolce & Gabbana Lace Wrap Top
7. Raey Lace Skirt
8. Sacai Lace Bomber
9. Asos Lace Shift Dress
10. Stevie May Lace Midi Dress