We know Spring hasn’t even hit and some of us may still be masked with snow, but we’re already looking into Pre-fall 2016.
Everyone’s been talking about the major navy moment, voluminous sleeves, and spotted outerwear, but what about patent leather? It was hardly mentioned across the board yet we saw hints of it every where from Lanvin’s skirts and flamboyant coats to Givenchy’s bevy of shoes (count Versace & Nina Ricci in on that one too) adjoined with Valentino’s thigh-high boots. We’re foreshadowing a big patent leather movement. It’s bold, works as a stand-alone statement piece, or can instantly conflate the cool vibe of your entire outfit. This is how you can wear the trend without appearing too subversive:
- If you’re not quite ready to dive in, test the waters with patent leather shoes in a conservative silhouette (like Versace above) and neutral color – we’re fans of black.
- Looking for other options to pop in patent? Leave it to your accessories – gloves or a chic handbag, but this time in COLOR.
- For skirts or dresses, keep your accessories and all other pieces basic. You should also watch the hemline as to not seem like you’re dropping into a Halloween party and to wane the sex appeal.
- The Lanvin high gloss trench in red makes us think this might be your next rain coat – but only if you’re brave enough.
Get ahead of the game now by shopping our favorite pieces below!
1. Daisy Street Pointed Toe Loafers
2. Robert Clergerie Slip-ons
3. Cambridge Satchel Company Scallop Edge Bag
4. Balenciaga Wallet
5. Aquazzara Karlie Pumps
6. Asos Patent Leather Skirt with Fur Pockets