The resort collections 2016 have started to appear in store and even though we just got our fall trends game on, its already time to look forward and see what’s next.
Bare shoulders, the kick flare trouser, anything pleated and colourful stripes are 4 important trends you definitely will see more of the next few months. Having a personal style is not about following all trends though! Pick the one you like the most and make it your own thing. You’ll find our best styling and shopping tips on each trend below. Don’t forget to let us know which one’s your favourite!
1. All Pleated Everything
The pleats have been around for a while but now they appear on everything. Skirts, dresses, tops, collars, as details…the list goes on. This trend is perfect if you like to look feminine, romantic but with a touch of drama.
- If you like this trend but don’t want to have too much eyes on you, the black pleated skirt is a classic that looks amazing with any simple white t-shirt and a pair of fresh white sneakers. Put a little leather jacket over your shoulders + big sunnies and you’ll be ready to go.
- If you decide to go for a pleated dress it’ll probably be a good idea to keep the rest simple.
SHOP THE PLEATED TREND:
2. Kick Flare Trousers
A personal favourite! Many might think this is a very weird trend but how much more party can a pair of trousers get?! Gotta love them. Besides, they show off ankles which is sexy. Here are some styling tricks I’d like to share:
- Kick flares look great with the ankle boot trend we got going right now. No trousers will showcase your favourite booties better.
- Balance the volume by wearing volume on top as well. Knits, shirts or cool jackets will do the job best.
- Since they do cut off a tiny bit of leg, wearing one color from top to bottom will definitely help!
SHOP THE KICK FLARE TREND:
AND SOME GORGEOUS SHOES TO WEAR WITH THEM:
3. Colourful Stripes
Colourful stripes, the crazier combination the better. Perfect for the bold fashionista who dares to make a statement.
- Highest on the colourful striped trend list are the knit dresses, so look for those and pair them with any shoes that picks up colours from the piece.
- Wear a bag that has one of the bright colours on your striped clothes.
SHOP THE COLOURFUL STRIPED TREND:
4. Bare Shoulders
Aren’t bare shoulders the hottest part of your skin to reveal? I don’t know why but it really does look flattering.
- Make sure your posture isn’t revealing how many hours you spend on your laptop!
- This is the time for your statement earring(s) to shine. I prefer wearing off shoulder pieces with earrings over necklaces.
- Dress it down by wearing it with loose denim and a relaxed hairdo.
SHOP THE BARE SHOULDER TREND:
♥ /Fashion Editor Sania Claus Demina