I feel like seasons are divided by events in New York.
Fall starts at Labor Day, Winter at Thanksgiving, Summer with the 4th of July, and so forth. That means it’s been Fall for a little over a week now at HQ and we are loving it. Waking up to cooler air means a more pleasant commute and a healthy dose of clothes on our backs…
For me, personally, fall is one of the best seasons to be in the Big Apple. In other parts of the states, that fresh start usually ends up swampy before fall really starts, but it lasts all day here! And with that, there’s nothing more to look forward to than the leaves transforming into a beautiful warm palette, bringing out more layers with cozy knits, boots, burgundy hues, plaids, and statement coats. Cooler weather also means tea, staying in and watching late night movies, and, of course, the September issue.
Fashion girls are one of a kind, always ready to take on new seasons and the wonderful things that come with it in style.
Acne Studios Sweater, The Great Cotton Shirt, Michael Kors Pants, A.P.C. Corduroy Trench Coat, Isabel Marant Ankle Boots, Stella McCartney Velvet Clutch, Missoni Socks, Charlotte Tilbury ‘Penelope Pink’ Lipstick, Diptyque Candle, and La Mer Crème de La Mer.
And if you’re like us, you’re probably looking forward to these things too:
- The September Issue – it’s like one special bible, telling us what’s good and trending this upcoming season.
- The latest It-Bag in a new fabrication (Hint: velvet).
- Classic and cozy knits.
- Plaids – especially menswear-inspired plaids!
- We’re ready for the comfiest of socks.
- A nice warm cup of tea (or hot chocolate).
- A new beauty routine with darker lips.
- Something burgundy (possibly a statement coat).
- A trendy bootie (snakeskin sounds good).
- Candle-lit evenings.