I am so pumped to teach you how to use Snapchat to build a brand! If you’ve been following along, you know this is the final piece of our 3-part social media branding series. I’m sad to see it come to an end, but I’m excited to see you all kill it in the digital world. Here we go…
Understanding Snapchat for Business
Right now Snapchat is the most important social media platform to be on. Why?
Because it happens in real-time and it’s dynamic. There are so many opportunities for businesses, bloggers, creatives – you name it – on Snapchat. From custom filters to sponsored Snap stories, the sky is the limit.
Although there’s no real way to monetize on Snapchat at the moment, I foresee sponsored stories mixed with your followers’ stories as a new advertising tactic, similar to what Instagram and Facebook have done. I can also see custom Snapchat filter designers make a killing in the near future. If you’re a graphic designer, this may be an avenue you want to look into.
If you’re a blogger without a Snapchat, get one immediately! … and then Snap us (notanothrblonde & ZanitaZanita).
Snapchat Brand Building Strategies
In order to fully know how to use Snapchat to build a brand, your goal must be to either entertain, educate, or inspire your followers as is the case with just about everything in the digital world. Day-to-day activities like getting coffee or Snapping your dog are boring unless you know how to bring depth!
- Snapchat takeovers – This is a great way to raise awareness about your brand because you have access to other follower’s followers when you takeover someone else’s Snapchat for the day. Since sharing is caring, be sure to exchange the love and let people take over your Snapchat too.
- Custom filters – When Drake released his latest album, Views, exclusively on iTunes, he had a custom filter on Snapchat for about 3-4 days. Naturally celebrities, bloggers, and fans used it for fun and it unexpectedly helped Drake promote the crap out of his new album. That’s millions of organic views that got people talking about Views.
- Mini movies – Kylie Jenner and “krew” were doing this for a while, and I have to admit was quite clever. Kylie incorporated her whole family in the fun and it was really engaging.
- Giveaways – WOW Airlines is hosting an exclusive Snapchat paid opportunity to travel the world with them for free; all you have to do is Snap why you deserve it. Not only does this increase WOW Airlines’ engagement but it grows their Snapchat following. Bravo, WOW Airlines!
- Tips & tricks – Giving away consistent, valuable information on any social media platform is key to growing an audience. Snapchat is great for tips and tricks because you only have a certain amount of time to view it which gives viewers incentive to follow you and check out your content.
- Q&As – With larger bloggers/influencers, Snapchat Q&As can end up being like 5 minutes, but you don’t want to miss a Snap in case he/she answers your question! I love Q&As and do them often on my own Snapchat.
Above all else, the real key to building a brand on Snapchat is to be unique.
Have an edge over others whether it be from your tips, funny mini movies, or even using Snapchat to express your killer art skills. Just be different!
Any questions about how to use Snapchat to build a brand? Comment below and we’ll be sure to answer!