Some think denim comes in waves while others of us believe it’s always in.
No matter which horizon you fall on, one thing is certain – we haven’t seen the mainstay contrived in ways more novel than now! In today’s diversified shapes and forms, it almost seems as if one can’t have too much of it, which is exactly why we’re constantly seeing our favorite fashion starlets promenade the streets in repeat double denim. We’re loving the latest innovations whether it’s undone and frayed, tightly cropped or culotte, worn over the shoulders, and even adorned in opulence. Though denim is inherently casual, don’t be afraid to strive for elevation by way of standout accessories, funky or luxe footwear, and metallic add-ons.
5 Easy Styling Tips to Make it Work
1. Ensure the pieces you select for your denim on denim ensemble isn’t the same weight and wash in its entirety. This ends up looking too intentional.
2. Play with proportion for a maximum cool impact – this means bring out the flares and wide legs.
3. Don’t underestimate the slimming effect of dark washes.
4. A slinky, palatial heel – especially in gold or silver – instantly elevates while sneakers channel girl-next-door.
5. Take cues from Zanita and work in pops of color like the perfect jewel-toned emerald piece above. It’s a great way to add contrast even if you go for something as simple as a bold lip.