Serenity (powder blue) marches alongside Rose Quartz as the colors of 2016.
Unlike the romantic fairytales we ofttimes see with pastel pink, this lighter shade of blue channels comfort and lends a calming effect. We saw the breeze in full speed during fashion week last year as the sheer, silky, and ruffly iterations grazed the shows of Gucci, Marchesa, and Zimmerman among others.
You might see these pastel colors as trendy and therefore, unnecessary if you’re looking to build a timeless wardrobe. However, the secret to buying into and wearing trends is choosing pieces that fall into your aesthetic but can somehow elevate your personal style. If you’re not convinced, look to some of our favorite street style stars for inspiration. They’re proof that you can incorporate powder blue into your daily wear without seeming like you’re trying too hard to be fashionably on point.
Start taking notes..
- One of the best things about Serenity is that if you lack an affinity for pastels, you can pick hues that lean gray to the point where it basically becomes a neutral.
- That neutral-esque hue against jewel-toned pieces (like the emerald green skirt above) creates a lavish, high-contrast look that’s totally day appropriate.
- Chriselle shows you exactly how this trendy color can be powerful with tailored pieces – pair up the color with white and metallics and you’ve pretty much achieved a strong, monochromatic uniform.
- We can never get enough of ‘effortless’ fashion and Jeanne shows us that by allowing a tinted trench coat to make the statement and keeping all else basic, we can too master the Parisian look.
- Notice the pop of cognac in Jeanne’s attire – a perfect complement to the pale slate.
- Zanita is Queen of Vintage Dressing as we all know it and she does it again here in this far-from-vintage blue knit with high-waisted jeans and an unpredictable choice of leopard print boots.
- Don’t we all secretly wish we were Alexa? She’s clad in 3 major trends – powder blue, pleats, & metallic – all in one look yet fails to look utterly ridiculous. Is it her footwear choice or is it because she’s Alexa? You tell us..
Spruce up your wardrobe now with this delectable, head turning color! We handpicked these pieces just for you:
1. Asos Double Breasted Coat
2. Stella McCartney Bucket Bag
3. Tibi Off the Shoulder Top
4. Carven Scalloped Wrap Skirt
5. Vetements Sock Boots
6. Mango Bell Sleeve Top
7. Trademark Belted Skirt
8. Marques’ Almeida Frayed Dress
9. Asos Duffle Parka