This time of the year is inundated with parties, potlucks, and late nights from the pre-Christmas celebrations all the way through New Years. And I don’t know about you, but I’m all for looking the part during these night outs, starting with my favorite makeup looks! However, this can seem unachievable when you’re working from dawn til dusk. By the time you’re done with work, it’s likely that you’re overworked and too exhausted to even get dressed. But nope, we can make it easy. Let’s make magic happen – from fresh face to smoldering vixen in less than 10.
Tips to get your day started:
– If you know you’re going out after work, keep your day makeup light in layers so you can build the intensity later.
– Follow the rules HERE for a lasting base.
– Keep your morning eyeshadow/liner in the same color family as the look you plan on wearing at night so you can blend seamlessly.
– With that said, one swipe of color across the lid is good enough.
– If you can’t do without eyeliner, line your eyes with a matte black eyeshadow instead (it’s soft and subtle, but still adds definition).
– Dusty, rosy cheeks + lips = FRESH.
– One coat of mascara is sufficient for the day and you can skip the lower lashes – keep it simple.
1. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream | 2. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer | 3. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation | 4. Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer | 5. YSL Touche Eclat | 6. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick | 7. Mac Carbon Eyeshadow | 8. Tarte Exposed Blush | 9. Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm
Onto the transformation:
– Whoever said smokey eyes and bold lips can’t be worn together can forget it. Go all out (bold brows included).
– Gel eyeliner is the easiest to use when up against lashes already coated in mascara.
– Line the inner rim of your eyes ALL the way around.
– An eyeshadow palette with versatile colors is your best bet – light, shimmery colors can double up as highlighter while the darker colors can be blended in to create a perfect smoldering effect.
– Defined cheekbones + smokey eyes never fail to startle. And now, you can pile on the mascara.
– Nothing freshens you up like a glorious spritz of Chloe.
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette | 2. Mac Fluidline – Blacktrack | 3. Anastasia Brow Wiz | 4. Benefit They’re Real Mascara | 5. Nars Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella | 6. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder | 7. Nars Orgasm Blush | 8. Roses de Chloe |