I’m sure you’re prepped and set for your splendid Christmas look by now, but that’s not the end of this year’s festivities. There’s one more major event to plow through and that’s New Year’s Eve!
At this point, I’m sure your stamina levels are dropping quite low in the beauty department as far as segueing into the new year, exhausted from all the ineluctable socials you’ve engaged in thus far. However, take a look at it this way – it’s a great opportunity to put those beauty products you’ve hoarded throughout the year to use and at that, you can experiment without seeming like a clown in public or spectators leering at you. So here’s to more inspiration – 4 showstopping looks to try:
Look 1: Reverse Smokeout
An unconventional take on the smoky eye – perfectly worn-in channeling that soft rock, chic, insouciance vibe.
– Use a long-wearing, but easy-to-blend pencil eyeliner. Apply it messily on the lower lash line and then smudge with a pencil or eyeliner brush. Balance the bottom-heavy look with a dusty pink eyeshadow on the lid.
– Strive for slightly matte, flushed skin, and a MLBB lip color for a maximum cool effect.
– This looks even more amazing when paired with texturized, effortless waves.
Look 2: Dramatic Liner
Eyeliner is an obvious classic, but why not go all out and maximize it – extreme-dramatically lined eyes?
– Keep all else to a minimum – you only need the subtlest of sculpting, blush, and even brows.
– Strobing is key for a lit from within glow.
– Gel eyeliner is your best bet for clean, matte edges.
Look 3: Sultry with Glimmer
No better way to bling on the new year than with sultry smokey eyes and a touch of shimmer, glitter, or sparkle.
– Glitter, pigment, or ultra-shimmery eyeshadow layered over cream formulations works wonders.
– Wear it with a clean, fresh canvas to make the highest impact.
– The smallest shaving of liquid eyeliner is all you need to make the eyes pop. Let the shining do the work.
Look 4: Statement Lips
Bold lips are a classic, no-brainer approach but you can easily elevate the standard look with shimmery eyes and/or ombre-ing your lips.
– You can’t go wrong with a swipe of champagne or taupe eyeshadow.
– For ombre lips, apply the base color first then add the darker shade to the center of your lips and blend outwards with a brush or pat with your fingers.
– Flirty, fluttery eyelashes are sure to keep the outcome romantic and glamorous.