In case you’ve missed it, I’ve stolen a load of style knowledge from the Swedes.
It’s crazy how effortlessly cool these kids look when their just running errands at the grocery store! I’ve studied the formula at length and I can say a good part of it comes down to the Swedes being obsessed with the quality of things. Even Gustav, who isn’t super interested in fashion trends is a total afficiado when it comes to tailoring and leather quality. The answer is investment pieces.
Enter Oroton, an Iconic Aussie luxury fashion accessories brand who always debuted a ready-to-wear collection in 2012. I was approached to create an editorial for Zanita Studio, a partnership that I felt was a perfect match on account of my new style influence from my Scandinavian friends.
Here’s my top style tips to take from the Swedes….
- Invest in quality – like an incredible leather shirt or skirt, they only work with your body and get better with time. Best of all you can throw on this seasons t-shirt or denim and you’re looking a million dollars.
- Find the trend piece that comes around. The past season we’ve seen so much of the bucket bag – but it’s not a new trend by any stretch and you can guarantee it’s going to hold onto it’s relevance due to that ‘revitalised classic’ element. That’s a win.
- Find your tote. This is the bag that will always serve you well – a good shopper style tote will never go astray when running errands – but when you’ve got one with style, suddenly you’re not looking like the ‘bag lady’ always heaving junk around town.
- Learn to love neutral. If you’re purchasing an investment pieces, it’s always a safe bet to go with beige, tan, brown, cream – the Swedes know it well – because these hues compliment seasonal colours and slide effortlessly into your wardrobe. If you’re like me and aren’t crazy about wearing black – then anything neutral toned should be your go-to classic choice.
- Add a scarf. Wearing a scarf is a classy move – and each season there’s a new trend way to style it. I love wrapping a little one around my neck, super cute with a tee or shirt. Turns a classic look into more of a statement.
- Navy is forever. Never goes out of style. Always works. #navyforever
I’m taking over the Oroton instagram this weekend, don’t forget to follow them and get acquainted with this stylish Aussie label. So grateful to the team for inviting me to create this editorial.